Friday 6 May 2016

04 - Polygonal and Modification Modelling

To start this tutorial I had to delete my last work and place a new cube by pressing “Sift+A” and clicking on cube mesh. In this tutorial I learned how to make pyramids in many different ways.
To make the first pyramid I used box select to select all the vertex I wanted, then I merged them together. I did this by pressing “Alt+M” and selecting at center. Then I added a material to make it look nicer.
I then moved the first pyramid out of the way and started my second. I started it with another cube to use as the base of the pyramid, I scaled it to make it bigger then pressed “S” then “Z” to squish the cube so it’s not as tall.
To make this next pyramid I had to delete the bottom face of the original cube, the duplicate it, scale it down a little then put the duplicated one on top of the first, and repeat this proses. I deleted the bottom face by I selected the face, pressed “X” and selected delete face. To duplicate the cube I pressed “Shift+D”.
To make the third pyramid I started by making a cube, then scaled it down quite a lot and made it blue by adding a material.
To make the base of the pyramid I added a modifier called Array and made it go in the direction of the Y axes. By using array I could duplicate the cube as many times as I wanted in one direction, I decided to do 18 blocks and I put a 0.1 gap between each one. I also deleted the face at the bottom of the first cube to keep the face count down.
I then added a second array and duplicated it 18 times as well with the same sized gap between each block. This created the base. Then to build up the pyramid duplicated the base and took away one line of blocks from each array to make it smaller. I then repeated this process until I finished the pyramid.
For the last and final pyramid I made another cube and colored it orange and scaled it down. I selected both the new cube and the first pyramid pressed “Ctrl+P” and created a parent between the two shapes. Then I selected just the first pyramid, went to object data and selected duplicate verts.
To make the orange cubes look more like a pyramid I went into edit mode, pressed “A” to select all on the first pyramid, then pressed “W” and selected subdivide twice. This made more vertices for the cubes to copy, making another pyramid.
To put more detail into the last pyramid I scaled the cubes down and subdivided the first pyramid a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment